Here are five tips to get your yard back into shape this spring.
We’ve had a long winter in Ohio, but now that spring has sprung we want to give our lawns some much-needed attention. Here are five tips for getting your yard back in shape for 2021:
1. Feed your lawn. The harsh winters have been difficult on the grass, so you need to build up the root system by feeding it.
2. Water the lawn. Most people wait until summer, but we need to water them in the spring as well to help build up a good root system and healthy grass that can survive the dryer season. The best time to water your lawn for maximum effect is before 10 a.m.
3. Don’t cut your grass too short. It could expose the root system, which could be exposed if the grass is cut too low.
4. Get rid of weeds as soon as you see them. They can quickly get the upper hand.
5. Fill any bare patches in the yard. It not only makes the yard look better but also keeps weeds from taking over those dry areas.
If you have questions for me about these lawn tips or anything else related to your home, don’t hesitate to reach out via phone or email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.