If a home sale is in your future, I’ve got five great tips to help you get your home ready for a quick and profitable sale.
Here are some things that you can be doing right now to get your home ready to sell that will make a big difference. These tips can help you sell faster and for more money:
1. Declutter. From kitchen counters to fridges to shelves, when things are cluttered it makes a buyer think that there isn’t enough storage space. It also makes your prep space look smaller and more crowded. The same applies to bathroom vanities and closets. Why not get a headstart on moving by clearing out the clutter and packing it away into storage?
2. Turn on the lights. You want your home to be light and bright, not dark and dreary. Since you want things to be as bright as possible, replace burnt-out bulbs and use the maximum recommended wattage.
3. Deep clean. Be sure that your home gives the best possible impression to buyers by cleaning all floors, surfaces, toilets, rugs, and bathrooms. Some areas may need to be cleaned regularly. You can make an appointment with professional cleaners to save yourself some time and energy.
4. Make an appointment with a handyman. Almost every home has an item or two that needs to be fixed. It might be as simple as fixing a runny toilet or drippy faucet. You want buyers to get the impression that they are viewing a well-maintained home. When a home inspection is performed, the inspector won’t find any serious issues if you’ve already had a handyman come through. Being proactive here can save you a fortune.
5. Do some touch-up painting. Every home experiences wear and tear. Before selling your home, have those dings patched and touched up. While the painter is there have them neutralize any bright-colored walls.
There you have it. Five things that can make a difference in any home’s sale. If you spend a little bit of time and money completing these tasks, you’ll be happy that you did.
If you have any questions for us or need a recommendation for any kind of service that we mentioned today don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.