Here are five quick facts about American housing situations in 2022.
At this time of year, people are interested in stats and where we are as the fresh new year begins. So I’m sharing five quick facts about American housing situations:
- Most people can expect to own three homes in their lifetime.
- First-time homebuyers buy their first home by age 27, on average.
- In 2018, the average American spent 13.3 years in their home, but that changed in 2021. Now the average is 10.5 years.
- 2022 may be the best time to purchase a home due to low inventory.
- It’s estimated that people will move 11.7 times in their lifetime.
If this is your year to move, I’m here to help you. Give me a call or send an email to discuss your real estate goals or if you have any questions. I hope to hear from you soon.